Kia ora and welcome to the official page of Working Equitation NZ Inc, where you can find links and information on the equestrian sport of Working Equitation here in Aotearoa.
Working Equitation is a relatively new sport in New Zealand, with recent popularity and more groups forming, it is a rapidly growing discipline. Read an overview of this exciting new sport here.
Working Equitation New Zealand Inc was created in January 2019 with the following purpose:
To promote and grow the sport of Working Equitation throughout New Zealand though the development and leadership of:
- Education and training initiatives for all levels of proficiency utilising local, national, and international expertise.
- An appropriately customised set of Working Equitation Rules for the New Zealand environment.
- An annual schedule of local, national, and international competitions.
(b) To create positive and supportive participation environments for all members, regardless of their riding level, breed of horse or choice of tack and attire.
(c) To uphold the principles of classical training and horsemanship by encouraging and rewarding attainment of harmonious horse/rider partnerships which are based on correct and progressive training, and which are always mindful and respectful of the mental and physical wellbeing of the horse.
(d) Do anything necessary or helpful to the above purposes.
For 2022/23, WENZ will focus on the creation of a NZ rulebook, training judges, and the establishment of a high points competition.
Being a member of WENZ will entitle you to:
1. Priority access to any training events or clinics organised or run by WENZ.
2. Be able to nominate, second, or be nominated for a position on the National Committee.
3. Access to event insurance.
4. Access to information, support, advice and educational resources.
5. Be involved with the development of the sport in New Zealand.
6. Qualify to participate in national high points competitions.
As members of WENZ, you will abide by the WENZ Code of Conduct.
To join WENZ, click here.